Secure: Whether you opt for Fast Pack or Daisy Chain straps, this pack will sit tight on your back and carry your gear with ease.
Versatile: This pack can fit a large amount of gear fixed to the outside making it perfect for day hikers visiting waterfalls or fast packers crushing miles.
Durable: Feel confident in your gear knowing we have tested our products for thousands of miles.
- ~16 oz
- 15 liters total - 12 internal and ~3+ external
- The back pad area is 9" x 15". Design has a tapered depth maxing out at 7" in the middle of the pack. 3" depth at the bottom and 5" at the top.
- X-Pac (VX21)
- Lycra 4 Way Stretch Mesh
- Various Widths Nylon Webbing
- #5 Uretek water resistant zipper
- 1/8" Shock Cord
- 1/4" Closed Cell Foam or Zlite Style Sit Pad
This is a winner of a pack. It has the accessibility I have been craving, enough pockets in all the right places, and sits very well even with a hefty load. I have yet to actually take it on an overnight (winter in the PNW makes that difficult) but I have taken it out on two wintery 20-mile trail runs and a winter scramble. It has comfortably held all my extra winter layers and safety gear while staying compact on my back, and the external storage makes changing layers a breeze. I also appreciate being able to grab sandwiches from the rear pouch on the move (every pocket can be accessed with the pack on!).
This is by far the best daypack I’ve ever owned. I was floored by the craftsmanship and attention to detail. First hike was 10 miles, loaded with 15 pounds, and I didn’t feel the weight at all. Plenty of room in the main compartment and I loved the space in the outside mesh! I’m very glad I got the external sit pad. So comfortable on my back. I paired my pack with the CTUG water bottle sleeve and large cell phone case on the front straps. They were a snap to put on, and remained solidly secure. This pack exceeded my expectations, and I encourage anyone to try it out. Thanks again, guys. Well done 😀
Worth it! After about 6 months of beating on this thing from fastpacking to mountain biking it kicks ass. The pouches on the shoulder straps are so useful and the vest style sternum straps keep it from bouncing too much.
Worth the wait and better than expected!! I recently received my ctug 15. I put in 12 miles in the first weekend of getting it. Used it as a ultralight Bushcraft set up. Was amazing materials and workmanship. Don’t hesitate order something from them!
Outstanding day pack! Really great design for wide variety of longer distance activities. Holds tight for running, has space for extra food or drinks on long hikes or bike rides. Very convenient shoulder strap bottle holders for quick sips in any situation. Plus the many cords keeps anything in the pockets secure. Highly recommend!
WHAT'S ON YOUR SHOULDER STRAP?
Check out some of our shoulder strap accessories!
Shock cord runs along the upper front panel and is perfect for a sleeping pad, jacket or whatever else!
The roll top creates a water resistant closure, while giving you the option to overpack the bag a bit if needed.
There is a water resistant zipper pocket on the front of the pack large enough for your wallet, keys or phone.
The side lycra pockets are secured with shock cord at the upper rim and can fit water bottles securely while hiking or running.
The expandable front lycra pocket runs from the lower front panel all through the bottom of the pack. The front pocket is accessible while hiking by reaching from the left or right. The pocket is designed to keep items in while running.
The sides of the pack have static cord through D rings and a line lock designed to compress the bag and keep items from jostling inside while under-packed.
FAST PACK STRAPS
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?
- Fast Pack/Running Shoulder Straps:
- The straps for this version have 2 lycra pockets per shoulder strap. One on bottom that can fit a 0.5 liter soft flask or a cell phone, and one upper pocket that cinches closed with shock cord perfect for snacks, GU gels or salt tablets. This system also uses shock cord and pack hooks as a sternum strap for a secure fit that prevents bouncing while running.
- Standard Daisy Chain Shoulder Straps:
- The standard shoulder straps have a 1" daisy chain that lets you easily add any of our shoulder strap accessories.
DAISY CHAIN STRAPS
INTERNAL 1/4" CCF
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?
- Internal 1/4" Closed Cell Foam
- The 1/4" closed cell foam pad is "trapped" inside of the pack using a VX21 and lycra sleeve. The pad can be removed by opening the pack but may be difficult to reinsert with gear in the pack.
- External Z-Lite Foam Pad
- The Z-Lite style sit pad is used as a back pad and held in by two strips of lycra mesh on the outside of the back panel. This allows for the sit pad to be accessed during a break no problem.
TRAMPER GEAR IN THE WILD
See how fellow trampers use their gear!